Thinly sliced rare-grilled marinated venison loin is dressed with fresh lime juice, green and white onion, and sweet vine-ripened tomato in this refreshing and hearty Filipino-style salad.
- 1-pound Lāna‘i venison backstrap
- 3 tablespoons Aloha Shoyu Tamari
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Lāna‘i salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion bottoms
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Lāna‘i Mix greens for garnish
Create a marinade by combining the tamari, garlic, salt and pepper.
Place the venison filets in a dish and marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
Grill venison filets for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until rare. Rest for 5 minutes then slice into thin pieces.
Place sliced venison in a large mixing bowl and add ginger, lime juice, green onions, white onions, and tomatoes. Mix well.
Serve on Lāna‘i Mix greens.